Paphiopedilum St Swithin 'Winchester'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Evening afternoon morning :rollhappy:

After having a false sheath, it sent a spike up this year after the sheath split and died off. I am happy with the three flowers this year on a first flowering. I got this plant from Ratcliffe orchids not last year but the year before, when I went down for a vist. I grow this in a coarse-ish bark with weekly watering with a sea weed extract on each watering, I feed it I remeber need to get back in to a feeding brain.

The width of the flowers are 8inch/20cm and length 3.5inch/9cm

upload images freecertificity.com
hosting imagecertificity.com

Thats a keeper!! After the plant grows a few more growths, maybe it will send up a spike with 5 or more would be sweet!!!

As much as I love both parent species, I usually am not fond of this hybrid because the offspring mostly seem to have lackluster lip coloration. But this clone is fantastic. I think it's because the rest of the floral segments are so dark and bold that the contrasting lip color just works! Very nice. I also really like the petal stance.

Thanks yes I do prefer the SS the the horizontal petals so very happy I did ask before I revered this plant if the flower was like this.

Latest posts

Back