Paphiopedilum Moquettianum 'Pine Knot' X Self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of you seemed interested in having updates on this one, so I guess better late than never. Current state of affairs:

October:
beOwYUYl.jpg

November:
tcRbzVfl.jpg

January:
T1vwqNtl.jpg

New growth (taken at time of writing):
U2tWnjsl.jpg

Or a new thread for a new blooming. Title it, "moquettianum 2013" like some of us do for same plant numerous years of blooms.

If you look at the flower closely Dot it looks like its the same flower in Oct, Nov and Jan! So by then it was old, gray haired man! LOL

Or a new thread for a new blooming. Title it, "moquettianum 2013" like some of us do for same plant numerous years of blooms.

I was also considering that option; looks like that's what I'll do. At this rate, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see it be "moquettianum 2014..." :eek:

Is it really that pale???

No. The November Picture as well as the ones that started the thread are quite close to what the flower looks like in real life; the others were a poor choice of exposure and white balance.

If you look at the flower closely Dot it looks like its the same flower in Oct, Nov and Jan! So by then it was old, gray haired man! LOL

Good assessment!

I am envious. This is not a species often offered here, glaucophylum and liemianum often, but moquettianum almost never! I like it plenty, well done.

Sandton (northern suburb of Johannesburg), but I spend about 30% of my time on my Game ranch in the Limpopo Province (Swartklip)

Mmm... Sorry, I wish I could help you... Well, thanks anyway. Meanwhile, I think there's an option to set your location in your profile options. User CP>Edit Profile>Location

Sorry, it used to have my location, but deleting of info was a prelude to me trying to delete myself from the forum completely, but as it turns out it is not so easy, both from a structure point of view as well as self restraint. :(

Latest posts

Back