Paphiopedilum intaniae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
I know there are a few on this forum who grow this one - I remember posts from eggshells and some others about it - so my question if I may is, how are they doing? Is anyone having notable success? I have a couple of plants, and while most of my multis grow pretty well, these put up new leaves but take an old leaf back for every new one. This means that they turn over but actual size increase is imperceptibly slow. Would therefore be grateful for anyone else willing to share experience and culture tips if positive!

Cheers,

Alex

Mine has died just before flowering. I went to holyday, I asked my niece for careing my plants. Only one plant got rot, my intaniae....It was a little overwatering.

Dodidoki - bad luck! Sorry to hear that. Mine grow moist/wet so maybe that is an issue for them?

Eggshells, aside from not being quite big enough to flower, is it growing Ok? And do you give it normal multi treatment?

Cheers,

Alex

Dodidoki - bad luck! Sorry to hear that. Mine grow moist/wet so maybe that is an issue for them?

Eggshells, aside from not being quite big enough to flower, is it growing Ok? And do you give it normal multi treatment?

Cheers,

Alex

Yes its growing okay. I would say similar to adductum growth phase.

Ive personally never growth this but as hard as i tried i was unable to get any plants when i worked in Singapore.

But the book i have that has the species in it says.
warm to intermediate conditions water copiousley through spring and summer it likes moss in its mix but an open mix gose down hill fast if the mix goes stale. if grown in moderate shade the flowers are larger and more colourful. It likes a 6-8 degree drop in temps in the winter months.

Now where the hell did you get it from in the uk, a very good find??????

Thank you all, really helpful! Blondie, it was Ebay I'm afraid, keep an eye on that and more may appear. The vendor was stevens_orchidflasks.

Alex

Latest posts

Back