Paphiopedilum gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive in all - state of this specimen plant, flower count and last but not least the flowers themselves, shape, colouration, stance - altogether it's an eye catcher.

Beautiful - nice shrub! :D

I just got one just like this at a show, labelled P. gratrixianum, and did some research. I know it is all 'lumper/splitter' stuff and opinions but apparently:

P. gratrixianum has wide leaves and flowers on short stems.

P. christensonianum (P. gratrixianum v. christensonianum) has narrow upright leaves and tall flower stems. This is what I bought and what it appears in the OP)

P. daoense (P. gratrixianum v. daoense) has short stems and a dorsal that is predominantly white with spots and little green or pink.

Beautiful - nice shrub! :D

I just got one just like this at a show, labelled P. gratrixianum, and did some research. I know it is all 'lumper/splitter' stuff and opinions but apparently:

P. gratrixianum has wide leaves and flowers on short stems.

P. christensonianum (P. gratrixianum v. christensonianum) has narrow upright leaves and tall flower stems. This is what I bought and what it appears in the OP)

P. daoense (P. gratrixianum v. daoense) has short stems and a dorsal that is predominantly white with spots and little green or pink.
From Orchid Digest, Oct-Dec 2018 issue

Var daoense second pic and description.9bb25f36b2c9bd0da123521da4cf444d.jpg72ef89c752968729195a3ff99aa275f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back