paphiopedilum gatrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
gatrixianum1bildgrenderry0.jpg

gatrixianum2bildgrenderip6.jpg

Oh, I love it! Very nice!

I used to have a gratrixianum. I divided it and gave away the extras. Then I lost the one I kept. :(

That looks really nice, I'll have to get me two of them! The markings in the dorsal are so clean!

Very very nice...!!!! I use to have one of these, but as it was my first paph it does not exist right now! I haven't tried it again from then on! But I guess I will one day...:D

very nice flower!!! don't you have a pict. of the whole plant?? I have one coming up with 2 flower spikes; is it correct that the base of the leaf is 'spotted'? Jean

Yes, the leaves do have spots. I haven't seen any crosses with this species but it would be nice if we cold get hybrids with as nice leaves.

Love the white dorsal with solid bold spots. I have a plant with about 6 growths, about 8"LS for over 4 years and still haven't bloom for me yet. How do you grow this species??? I have no problem flowering charlesworthii, spicerianum, which are in the same group and have similar culture.

What's your temps? Might need lower?
Charlesworthii blooms fine for me, as do spice most X's, but not the straight species. It's getting the cold treatment this fall, night time lows in the 40's!

My gratrixianum usually get temp up to mid 20-25 during the day and night usually around 15-16, it might get down to around 12 on cold winter day. It's too warm for the plant??

My gratrixianum usually get temp up to mid 20-25 during the day and night usually around 15-16, it might get down to around 12 on cold winter day. It's too warm for the plant??

Maybe? Daytime temps sound good. According to Lance's book "Rest this species in Dec. by withholding water & lowering the temp to 40-45F. (5-7C.) for 4-6 weeks." (I think my conversions are correct).
I'm in the midwest U.S. & have night time lows 50-55F.(10-12C.) in my GH. I'm leaving my spice & X's out & might, if lucky get 3-4 weeks, but I figure something is better than nothing if it's not blooming!

Latest posts

Back