paphiopedilum delenatii vinicolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
Spiking now …………..:rollhappy:
sn853402bildgrendernrk9.jpg

sn853403bildgrenderndv9.jpg

Yeah!!! The leaves are stunning!!! I guess the floewr must be awsome too...!

Hakone, have you seen delenatii var dunkel bred onto other plants instead of the normal delenatii? The reason I ask is this weekend I bought 3 magic lanterns at the International Paph Forum open house at Frank Smith greenhouse. The cross was micrantium x delenatii 'dark' which if I understood correctly was variable dunkel. I was and am still hoping that brings an even darker color to the magic lantern. If I'm wrong I wasted my money when there was so many other nice offerings by Frank.

Good luck on the flowering of your delenatii and thanks for the photos.

Sorry Bob, but
delenatii "Dark' is just a selected pink delenatii with clone name "Dark"
It is not var. Dunkel.
I used to have a delenatii plant "Dark" x self. just normal delenatii leaf
It does not have the dark purple border typical of Dunkel.
I even ask the seller, this clone "Dark" is supposed to be a very nice pink clone.

Hakone, have you seen delenatii var dunkel bred onto other plants instead of the normal delenatii? The reason I ask is this weekend I bought 3 magic lanterns at the International Paph Forum open house at Frank Smith greenhouse. The cross was micrantium x delenatii 'dark' which if I understood correctly was variable dunkel. I was and am still hoping that brings an even darker color to the magic lantern. If I'm wrong I wasted my money when there was so many other nice offerings by Frank.

Good luck on the flowering of your delenatii and thanks for the photos.

Nice one Hakone, I wish I had the access to someof the plants you do. I wonder, will they cost less now that they're called vinicolor instead of v. Dunkel!?! :p

Nice one Hakone, I wish I had the access to someof the plants you do. I wonder, will they cost less now that they're called vinicolor instead of v. Dunkel!?! :p

Hello Eric,
I believe vinicolor = dunkel :D

yes dunkel means dark for german people, but dark in english doesn't mean vinicolor but ... vinicolor means dunkel for delenatii. It's clear now ? :D :D

Bob - if you got the Paph. Magic Lantern seedlings near the end of the bench with the really distinct markings and the dark rim around the edges, they sure look like they could have been made with Paph. delenatii v. dunkel. It could just be a case of sloppy nomenclature on the tags - or not.

Last edited:
Good job, I can't wait for the flower!!!

one advise: keep this plant in a medium that dries quickly on the top and not in a wet area. It rots very quickly. I grow mine into perlite + pine bark (50/50). I'm waiting for the second bloom next spring :)

I vote for Eric to be right: that if it's called vinicolor instead of dunkel, it will cost less.

Beautiful foliage, for sure.

Amazing ! I've never seen such colors on delenatii's foliage before, thanks for sharing !

Oh, sweet mother...I can't wait to see this. I have the "regular" Paph. delenatii. I wasn't even aware of the vinicolored one until now. Thank you for this thread.:D

It hesitantly grow out of the leaves!!!! The first is delenetii and the seond the delenatii vinicoloured one???

It hesitantly grow out of the leaves!!!! The first is delenetii and the seond the delenatii vinicoloured one???

I thinks the latest pictures show delenatii Dunkel (red underside) & delenatii alba (white underside)

Latest posts

Back