Paphiopedilum ceramense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
I had a celebesense as well, but this plant is more compact and the leaves look different. I prefer this one.

I don't remember hearing of this species, either. It's really quite distinct.
Lance Birk has a picture of this species on page 103 of his first ed. Ayreon's and Lance's don't look alike, the staminodes are way different. Ayreon could you be mis-reading the tag? Could it be P cerveranum

No.. I can read :)
But it could have been mislabeled of course.

Anyone have a pictures of cerveranum or ceramense... and I mean the whole plant?

OK, I managed to photograph P ceramenis. Ref from The Paphiopedilum Grower's Manual; L. A. Birk; first edition,1983. There is a notice from Lance that form of his book is to be used without his permission.

I will add the pics after I hear from him.

Go ahead Rick H, make a copy from my book.

Sorry I don't have time to dig up the slide of P. ceramense, which by the way, is not a valid species. I listed it as a specimen Herr Bundt gave me, he said came from Ceram, in 1978 when I found P. celebesense. I thought we'd see more if it............
and then came CITES

I hope this helps. P ceramenis. Ref from The Paphiopedilum Grower's Manual; L. A. Birk; first edition,1983.
P1010343.jpg

ands a bit closer
P1010344.jpg

Latest posts

Back