Paphiopedilum by Braem,Chiron & Öhlund

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

We have nothing to say regarding the retail prize.

We set the prize to $24,99.... I think that is a very good prize for a book like this.

The retailers however, can sell with a discount if they want to.
.... or some set a higher prize.

We can do nothing about that.

Kind regards
Lars

A couple of example pages from the book, just to show the book like appearance on a tablet. (Quality reduced to make images smaller)

foto_2.jpg

foto_3.jpg

Kind regards
Lars

I have always admired the skill of botanical illustrators; pages look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks .....I am happy you like them. The images brought here are of a poor quality compared to the real pages.

There are 84 of them in the book :)

---------------------------------------
We try to make a difference...

Moorland eBooks support OCC with 5%

5fororchidconservationl.gif

I just bought the kindle version, enjoying it tremendously, but have to be honest, I do prefer paper! Where can I get a proper hard cover copy?

I just bought the kindle version, enjoying it tremendously, but have to be honest, I do prefer paper! Where can I get a proper hard cover copy?

Sorry you can not. This is an eBook.

A paper edition, would also be very expensive.

Yes we will all have to get with the times. I wound up downloading this from Amazon for my Kindle. Initially it was offered at about $25US and eventually I got it for about $15US. I had to get over myself ad the idea that one 'owns' a book anymore. The digital rights management (DRM) had me stalled. I wanted to make sure i could have this book in perpetuity, no matter what computer I owned or how many devices I'd download it to over the decades that I would own a book.

Then I realized that in my life I've own 5 different versions of the Beatles collection. The old joke 'oh boy I get to buy the White Album again!' So I just freaking well got over it and bought the dang book.

Thanks Lars and I look forward to the Phrag book. Its much needed.

Thanks

I hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks Lars and I look forward to the Phrag book. Its much needed.

We hope to publish late 2014 or early 2015.

...... But I promises it will be worth waiting for.

A complete treatment of the South American slipper orchids.

And it will be very beautifully illustrated with both culture and in situ pictures as well as lots of old plates.

Thanks again
Lars

Yes we will all have to get with the times. I wound up downloading this from Amazon for my Kindle. Initially it was offered at about $25US and eventually I got it for about $15US. I had to get over myself ad the idea that one 'owns' a book anymore. The digital rights management (DRM) had me stalled. I wanted to make sure i could have this book in perpetuity, no matter what computer I owned or how many devices I'd download it to over the decades that I would own a book.

Then I realized that in my life I've own 5 different versions of the Beatles collection. The old joke 'oh boy I get to buy the White Album again!' So I just freaking well got over it and bought the dang book.

Thank you for your understanding.

A lot can be said both for and against copy protection....
Many many hours (and money) invested in this project, so we try to avoid too much pirate copying.

We have deliberately set a low prize to make it available to as many as possible.

Thanks
Lars

Latest posts

Back