Paphiopedilum Bailey's Bid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
This is Paph. fowliei x henryanum.

I picked this up with a handful of other mini/small growers last fall from Deerwood. It's certainly not the most eye catching slipper in my collection, but it is a relatively small grower, so I'll give it another growing season.

The underside of the pouch is white, and it's white inside with spots/freckles. The staminode is interesting. It's translucent. Unfortunately those are details that I couldn't really capture with my camera.

aslhne7l.jpg

r860QLxl.jpg

Not so bright in color, but it is still very interesting. I like the spotting

Most of my Bailey's Bids are much brighter pink/red. I have bloomed about 6 of them now and have several more. Your photo has a strong greeny/blue cast. I assume the pink is warmer in "person" on your flower.

Most of my Bailey's Bids are much brighter pink/red. I have bloomed about 6 of them now and have several more. Your photo has a strong greeny/blue cast. I assume the pink is warmer in "person" on your flower.

The T8s do cast a bluish light. Overall the color isn't horribly "off" in the photo, it's kind of pale, and not particularly eye catching.

This cross is a steppingstone to smaller plants combining spotting and striping with the usually strongly dark pink pouch and attractively pink distal part of the petals. It's not intended as a stand-alone cross, though some of the flowers are very nicely colored.

Back