Paph Wossner's Vietnam Gold

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
This little guy has got problems, 2 dents in the pouch,twisted and folded back onto itself dorsal plus a short weak stem. But hey, at least it didn't BLAST!:D vietnamense X armeniacum
PDRM0008-3.jpg

closer
PDRM0007-2.jpg

different lighting:
PDRM0005-1.jpg

Nice compact stem. Many seem to like the elongated tall stems. I prefer the more compact ones. It makes the flower look bigger being next to the smaller plant. I like it regardless of the issues you brought up. Good job!

Looking at the plant I would guess this is a first blooming for this plant. I would guess it will get better next time.

I just read your description & expected a lot worse! When I scrolled down I don't think it's that bad, worth holding on to!
Actually it's a pretty big bloom for such a little plant!

Very nice Rick, I have had three of those buggers blast on me this year. Painfull. Only one to blame on the hurricane. Doug

Ditto on getting it to bloom. I bought one a little over a year and a half ago and it grows slowly and hasn't bloomed. Languish might be better word over "grows".

I just read your description & expected a lot worse! When I scrolled down I don't think it's that bad, worth holding on to!
Actually it's a pretty big bloom for such a little plant!
You're right Rose, she's quite top heavy! I even had to give her support:wink:

Very nice Rick, I have had three of those buggers blast on me this year. Painfull. Only one to blame on the hurricane. Doug

Ditto on getting it to bloom. I bought one a little over a year and a half ago and it grows slowly and hasn't bloomed. Languish might be better word over "grows".
Doug as you may remember I bought three. I always like to buy in threes.
This one bloomed, the second just blasted and the third lost it's roots!

That is not bad, I usually buy three of the same kind too, the insects out of pity always decide to leave me one plant:sob:

That is not bad, I usually buy three of the same kind too, the insects out of pity always decide to leave me one plant:sob:

Interesting expert approach! :D

As a beginner, I buy 1 of as many of them as accessible :):) ( not knowing what will be the long-term outcome:eek:)!! Jean

If I can afford them, I buy three. Then I have a one in three chance of getting a good one, unload the other two later. It's like my retirement plan. I'm in it for the long run slowly increasing my collection with good plants rather over burdened with boring plants.

Latest posts

Back