• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph Wilhelmina's Stone

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjkOC

Reaction score
I'm looking for Paph Wilhelmina's Stone (stonei x wilhelminiae). Does anyone have one and/or information about it's growth habit and culture?

Thanks!

I have a similar hybrid, Paph. Lady Isabel x wilhelminae. There's an old thread at http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30756 where you can see pics.

The growth habit and care is really not any different than any other multifloral paph, except that when the plant isn't in bloom, it's compact enough that it fits on the shelves quite easily.

This plant has given me all indications that it likes lots of bright light, and it seems to appreciate steady moisture year round. It's not been what I call a fast grower, but it's doing okay. I really don't treat it any differently than my other multies. That means bright light (close to bulbs under T8 fluoros). Watering twice a week, always with very weak fertilizer mixed in. And, I grow them pretty warm all year.

I have a similar cross, stonei x praestans as well. Same care, except it's a much larger plant in terms of foliage size so it has to grow on a different shelf than the high light, small growers.

The Lady Isabel x wilhelm seems like it could possibly bloom once a year. The much larger stonei x praestans takes much longer to mature a growth, so I suspect it will only bloom once every year and a half to two years.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I wonder if the wilhelminiae is influencing the slower growth habit?

How large are the leaf span and inflorescence of a mature growth for your Lady Isabel x wilhelminiae?

Leaf span is about 15" (40 cm) between the tips of the two longest leaves of the larger division. Plant height is about 6 - 8 inches (20 cm). Keep in mind, Lady Isabel can be a monster of a plant, so this is quite a reduction in size. Not sure about the length of the inflorescence ... maybe about 24 inches (60 cm). When it's in bloom, I have to move it to a shelf with more overhead clearance, but it's not so tall that I have to move it off the shelves like I do with some of the slippers.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I wonder if the wilhelminiae is influencing the slower growth habit?

How large are the leaf span and inflorescence of a mature growth for your Lady Isabel x wilhelminiae?
Is wilhelminiae a slow grower? Maybe it is considering its small size. I'm just so used to comparing my multis to my roths so any multi growing faster than them is considered a fast grower. :rollhappy:

No, it's easy and fairly fast to grow. Also small compared to roths.
I know it's small, that's why I bought one. Yeah, I thought mine grew pretty fast that's why I was wondering since I only have experience with mine. A fast grower that shouldn't be fast could indicate a hybrid after all.

Latest posts

Back