Paph. villosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
Sorry to post another thread on buds, but this one is exciting me. This has always been one of my favorites, and it is the first one I've flowered.

Interesting bud you have. Is what I'm looking at in the center line the backside of the petals? I never notice, I guess, that they are green before they fully develop. I thought once the petals were visable (after the bud cracks open) they had there mature colors and it was just a matter of elongation of the parts.

Interesting bud you have. Is what I'm looking at in the center line the backside of the petals? I never notice, I guess, that they are green before they fully develop. I thought once the petals were visable (after the bud cracks open) they had there mature colors and it was just a matter of elongation of the parts.

Well, the pouch is visible through the cracks between the petals and sepals, which is a nice dark color, and the petals also have a purple central line on the outside. If you peer into the flower through the cracks, you can see that the petals are still mainly green on the inside, but are turning the copper/orange color.

Latest posts

Back