Quantcast

Paph. venustum 'Lakehead' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
Here's a closer shot of the venustum we got an AM on. Ross is being modest, but the Estella with an AM is his plant!

 

paphreek

Vendor
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,383
Reaction score
1
Location
North central Minnesota
Jason Fischer said:
Here's a closer shot of the venustum we got an AM on. Ross is being modest, but the Estella with an AM is his plant!
Thanks, Jason.
One of the highlights for me every year is clerking for the AOS judges and seeing the Orchids, Ltd display for the first time in the early morning light, just as the sun begins to light up that wing of the conservatory.
 

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
10,483
Reaction score
16
Location
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
paphreek said:
Thanks, Jason.
One of the highlights for me every year is clerking for the AOS judges and seeing the Orchids, Ltd display for the first time in the early morning light, just as the sun begins to light up that wing of the conservatory.
I'M JEALOUS! :p
 

Kyle

Vendor
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
803
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
paphreek said:
Thanks, Jason.
One of the highlights for me every year is clerking for the AOS judges and seeing the Orchids, Ltd display for the first time in the early morning light, just as the sun begins to light up that wing of the conservatory.
I much prefer orchid shows in botanical gardens or conservatories to the ones held in shopping malls or hockey rinks.

Kyle
 

SlipperFan

Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
43,287
Reaction score
14
Location
Michigan, USA
I think it's amazing that all the venustums are facing the same way. Was that a natural, or did you have to help them a bit?
 

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
SlipperFan said:
I think it's amazing that all the venustums are facing the same way. Was that a natural, or did you have to help them a bit?
No help, they just all opened up toward the sun. We did stake them up so they stood perfectly straight, though. This is our only orchid show we have every year!
 

Latest posts

Top