Paph Vanda M. Pearman

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a first bloom seedling I received from Antec last year. The parents are bellatulum album x delenatii album. As you can see this isn't an album. But I knew it wouldn't be with all the color under the leaves. What I like about it- it's got a very flat dorsal and if I hadn't damaged it spraying the other day, I think the form would be pretty good. What I don't like-probably average size flower. I'm hopeful that the 2nd blooming will be nicer. It's growing in semi-hydro in my g.h.

VP.jpg

This is a first bloom seedling I received from Antec last year. The parents are bellatulum album x delenatii album. As you can see this isn't an album. But I knew it wouldn't be with all the color under the leaves. What I like about it- it's got a very flat dorsal and if I hadn't damaged it spraying the other day, I think the form would be pretty good. What I don't like-probably average size flower. I'm hopeful that the 2nd blooming will be nicer. It's growing in semi-hydro in my g.h.

VP.jpg

I have this same alba cross from Taiwan that I bought at the Deep Cut Orchid society show.
It flowers out with same color pattern, just a liitle paler than the straight color Vanda Pearlman cross. Otherwise, the color reverts back to non-album.

I have a Vanda Pearman album also. I wonder if it will have as much pigment? Thanx for posting.

If it's got any pigment it's not an album:> Look under the leaves. If you see any maroonish coloration there it's going to bloom out probably similar to mine.

This is my Vanda pearlman from the alba cross.
The staminode is a little bit lighter than Candace's flower. Otherwise the color also reverts to a lighter version of the full color one.

Attachments

• IMG_4612.JPG
    IMG_4612.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4622.JPG
    IMG_4622.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 21
The spots kind of make my eyes go in and out of focus. I don't really like that experience. I'm thinking I need reading glasses:<

Candace,
I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. I bought a concolor v. alba which was void of any coloring on the plant but bloomed out normal with spots:mad:

I think that the shape is much better than the typical Vanda Pearman...may be worth the loss in size...at any rate, I think its a great flower........Eric

paph vanda m pearman

the parents were paph belatulum 'alba' x paph delenatii. Not sure if the delenatii was alba, since the background is somewhat pinkish too
DSCN0104.jpg

Latest posts

Back