Paph Johanna Burkhardt x rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First flowering just last week. Sorry for the awkward angle- but it was shipped in spike and I was busy and did not properly attend to staking.

As much I am deep in the world of growing Paphs out of flask, I have seldom handled flowering plants in recent years- and so I am not up to date on what the more recent crosses are looking like in bloom. This was part of a small purchase to test out my lighting for older plants.

Curious for honest impressions on this one. It does not grab me or strike me as particularly fine. Its one great quality is that the flower is remarkably flat, but that is about it. 5cm dorsal and 12 cm petals.

Worth bringing into a second bloom, or is this one below average and ready for composting?

Thank you. Good parentage here- so no blame there.

Out it goes. I am very old school about that- sub-standard plants do not belong in cultivation.

This is why I love dealing with seedlings. They are all fun and potential- no disappointments lol.

I donate my 'substandards' to my local orchid society...they have gotten a lot from me. They can use the plant for raffle or whatever. Heck, you may even be able to sell it there

That is not a bad idea. I do not mind someone learning to grow with it. I actually have not connected with the Dallas group yet- but am planning to, and there is a show coming. So that could be a good outlet for donation.

Yes its a shame the dark of the JB seems to have been lost. On paper this should be a pretty exciting cross.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In theory, I would envision this cross to be an improvement, sorry for the bad luck!!

Latest posts

Back