Paph. Translie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
After too many time with nothing interesting to show you...here I go this time with an (IMO) interesting plant for those who like Cochlos.

This is a nice plant I purchased last May. It has one old flowered growth, the flowering one and two new leads that are growing quite fast.

I didn´t knew the cross when I bought it, but I thought it could be a nice "Cochlo-like" plant, so I decided to give it a try and I don´t regret it :). I really like it.

Hope you like it too.

14652614467_2f55621011_c.jpg

14816293406_83566d95b4_c.jpg

14652558750_78e0850e59_c.jpg

Paph. Translie: (Paph. Transvaal x Paph. liemianum)

Great choice! Nice combination of colours with an intriguing hint of roths.
I am pleased to see how it has turned out (I have this in flask, but still no germination yet, but now I am excited)

Thank you all for the kind answers.

Let us know about how it does with sequential flowering after a few weeks or months.
I´ll do it. I´m specially interested in flower count. As the cross has 75% Cochlo...I hope it has higher flower count than a 50/50 cochlo/multi.
Second bud seems to be ok, and I think we´ll have a third one.

Nice combination of colours with an intriguing hint of roths.
Totally agreed. Aside from the colour, I think my favourite features on this flower (sharp dorsal and longer and less twisted petals) comes from rothschildianum.

Thats very nice. How big is the flower?
NS: 12 cm
Stem is about 20 cm
Biggest leaves are 20 cm length x 5,5 cm width (something fantastic for a plant that bears roth and liemianum in it. They must have used a short leaved P. victoria-regina in the Transvaal...)

Latest posts

Back