Paph tigrinum x godfroyae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edkravcik

Reaction score
Large flower but it can't seem to make up its mind as to whether it wants to be flat, spotted, purple or what

The petal colouring of the tigrinum comes across as a faint hazy purple halo around the petals and dorsal. However i have another of the same cross that previously flowered and the effect was opposite--- where you would see pink or phrple halos there was no color whatsoever. Somehow the godfroyae supppressed the outer colours but left the spotting intact

Easy to grow but definitely not a plant for exhibition

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 102
Large flower but it can't seem to make up its mind as to whether it wants to be flat, spotted, purple or what

The petal colouring of the tigrinum comes across as a faint hazy purple halo around the petals and dorsal. However i have another of the same cross that previously flowered and the effect was opposite--- where you would see pink or phrple halos there was no color whatsoever. Somehow the godfroyae supppressed the outer colours but left the spotting intact

Easy to grow but definitely not a plant for exhibition

I agree with you,this cross no more just like a nice godefroyae. Tigrinum adds to this cross just a little, if any....otherwise nice flower.

Old age makes me half blind, and all things look different through the bottom of a glass?

...and very important, what did you drink from the "glass".
Otherwise I thought about eye glasses, and I think tigrinum added nothing to this cross. It looks like an unusual bellatulum no more, but why do we have to do many efforts to make an unusual bellatulum from tigrinum and godefroyae? We have many nice bellatulums!

Back