Paph. tigrinum alba in Ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seller has offered lots of plants on eBay that are very tempting. This one looks to be quite nice. But I'm not set up with import permits and I don't want to be caught violating the CITES agreement, so no go for this bidder.

They talk about one particular division in the description but further up they write "10 available"?

Good to know it set seed, means there'll be many more in few years time :) And, they'll become affordable and widespread!

Cheers, Carsten

p.s. this is also the first auction I've come across where you're asked not to bid. What would ebay think about this?

Last edited:
They talk about one particular division in the description but further up they write "10 available"?

Good to know it set seed, means there'll be many more in few years time :) And, they'll become affordable and widespread!

Cheers, Carsten

p.s. this is also the first auction I've come across where you're asked not to bid. What would ebay think about this?

Tigrinums are hard to grow and I bet the album is probably even harder. If this clone isn't lacking vigor then the selfings of a species, let alone an album, that is maybe at the very top of most difficult to grow paphs, probably will be. You don't see many normal tigrinums around???? It is because they are a hard species for the amateur to grow. So I don't think they will ever be widespread. Probably more affordable though

This guy ain't all that bad. He's probably trying to recoupe some of his upfront investments for the lab. If it's the only alba tigrinum in world, it's probably a damn good thing he has it. Otherwise it could be dead and only a faint memory. It looks good and healthy if this is a current PIC. And with his current enthusiasm for conservation I for one support him if he intends to advance this idea. History is littered with people that start out on the wrong foot and eventually turn things a round. I'm for a "wait and see" mode at the moment with Yang.

This guy ain't all that bad. He's probably trying to recoupe some of his upfront investments for the lab. If it's the only alba tigrinum in world, it's probably a damn good thing he has it. Otherwise it could be dead and only a faint memory. It looks good and healthy if this is a current PIC. And with his current enthusiasm for conservation I for one support him if he intends to advance this idea. History is littered with people that start out on the wrong foot and eventually turn things a round. I'm for a "wait and see" mode at the moment with Yang.

I am no in anyway trying to disparage Yang in anyway. I just don't know him and to pay what he is probably asking is a huge risk with no way to recoup the investment if it is not a true album. Especially since he lives in China. That is definitely not the only tigrinum album in the world. I know of two clones and multiple people who have divisions of them.

Cheers, Carsten

It's a listing violation, as is the shipping price (fee avoidance, excessive shipping). I suspect Ebay will remove it.

I tried to contact him for prices but he didn't reply!!!! Did anyone else try to contact him??
They Auction is no longer there, E-Bay must have ended it!!!

Tom

Latest posts

Back