Paph superbiens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
last month I went to the southern tier orchid society auction, and brought home a paph superbiens that was mostly open. there were lots of paphs that were very nice, but not a lot of the members there anymore know much about paphs or had interest in them. this is close to antec's neighborhood and everyone in the area used to know all about good paphs and would be after them. I did bid a little for this plant but not all that much.

it was our orchid club's (cnyos) show a few weeks later so I entered the plant in our display. the paph superbiens pictured in the 'cnyos show pictures' is the same plant, and it received a white ribbon. I was a bit surprised because the bud had started opening in shipment to binghamton so was necked a bit downwards and to the side. it's still a nice flower even though it's a month later!

psuperbiens1013a.JPG

whole plant

psuperbiens1013a.JPG

psuperbiens1013b.JPG

psuperbiens1013c.JPG

psuperbiens1013d.JPG

the flower really does have nice dark and apple green color, plus some rose tints

psuperbiens1013e.JPG

psuperbiens1013f.JPG

nice leaves also

psuperbiens1013g.JPG

psuperbiens1013h.JPG

interesting little warties; perfect timing for halloween!

psuperbiens1013i.JPG

psuperbiens1013j.JPG

superb sunset! :) (from this evening)
if my version of photoshop was working, i'd remove the stake and twistie.....

I forgot to add that the clonal cross is 'Leonhardt' x 'Maroon Marvel'. There were other paphs there from carter and holmes, but this tag doesn't have that printed on it. I believe there were also orchids from a + p in hawaii. There was a code 70604 across the top of the tag above the plant name

:rolleyes: well, the sun was setting, things looked pinky-orange so I was inspired

the flower does look pretty bluish-red with light and dark green thrown in, but my camera doesn't quite do those colors and washes out the intensity

Latest posts

Back