Paph. St. Swithin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Migrant13

Mature growth?
Reaction score
Repotted this monster in July and it did not miss a beat. Usually blooms in Feb. but sometimes will send a spike in the summer as it did here. Not the best example of this species but it is a special one for me since I have had it for over 15 years and it was my first multi.

That's really nice. That is a beautifully grown plant.

I can run into problems when I have specimen Paphs in such large pots. The roots more often then not rot. What sort of potting mix do you use for this plant and how often do you water it?

That's really nice. That is a beautifully grown plant.

I can run into problems when I have specimen Paphs in such large pots. The roots more often then not rot. What sort of potting mix do you use for this plant and how often do you water it?

Thanks. It needed this size pot as the root ball was massive and healthy. I use a mix of medium orchiata (Power 5A), medium CHC, coarse perlite, medium charcoal and some clay pellets too. I water 2x week in summer and 1x week in winter. I also repot once a year.

I can tell its big, but how big exactly? Plant 2ft across/spike 3ft tall about right?

I can only hope my first multis will turn into similar big specimens in time.:clap:

Latest posts

Back