Paph St. Swithin (according to Norman's)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Here are better PICs. You all decide if its St. Swithin

P1080785_zpsfb0aa739.jpg

P1080786_zpsfe1d5e37.jpg

The pouch does not look right, looks more like Moustache to me. I am sure the more experienced growers will be able to give a better opinion (chalk one Moustache up for the 'Newbies')

Looks fine to me. If I didn't know the history behind this plant and you told me it was a St Swithin I would believe you. I have seen a few photos of awarded St Swithins in Australia that look very much like that.

Does Norman think it is a St Swithin purely for the way it looks or based on what he had in stock?

The pouch does not look right, looks more like Moustache to me. I am sure the more experienced growers will be able to give a better opinion (chalk one Moustache up for the 'Newbies')
I have a Moustache and I can see where you are coming from. I will post in a few more days.

Looks fine to me. If I didn't know the history behind this plant and you told me it was a St Swithin I would believe you. I have seen a few photos of awarded St Swithins in Australia that look very much like that.

Does Norman think it is a St Swithin purely for the way it looks or based on what he had in stock?
I think from his stock. He even gave me the order # and the clonal names of the parents to one of his St. Swithin crosses.
could be..so much variability in phil. that you can get a lot of variety in this cross
Bingo! That is so true, variability can play tricks with one's mind. I have another St Swithin opening. I'll have to post the two plants next to each other in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back