Paph. St. Low

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

I discovered this one blooming in my greenhouse on Saturday and I thought I'd share a photo of it. I apologize for the poor photo quality, but it's difficult for me to get a decent shot of it. This one is Paphiopedilum St. Low (lowii 'Fernbrook' x St. Swithin). I purchased this plant sometime in the early to mid 90's and it has bloomed reliably for me. Not the best of flowers, but I like the dark coloring.

IMG_0194a.jpg

And here is a photo of the entire plant (for Eric):

IMG_0202a.jpg

As you can see, there's another bud or two coming along. Oh, by the way, this plant is growing in an eight-inch diameter plastic pot in medium fir bark.

Best Regards,
Nik

Nice colours. The flower looks like it's still unravelling? Would be great to see an updated pic once it's fully opened!

Thanks for all the comments! I'll post another photo of it when the flower is fully open. Maybe the second bud will be open by then, too.

Nice. I always like a whole plant shot and the pot size so people who aren't familiar w/ a plant [ahem, ahem..:rolleyes:] know how it grows and how much room it needs. Thanx! :D

Hi Everyone!

It's been a few days, so I thought I would post updated photos. The first flower is fully open. It measures five inches from petal tip to petal tip (without stretching them out). The second bud is in the midst of opening and there will eventually be a third flower, too.

IMG_0215a.jpg

IMG_0216a.jpg

I'm by no means a great photographer, but I tried my hand at using a dark background. Didn't come out as nice.

IMG_0225a.jpg

IMG_0226a.jpg

Thank you for viewing my thread!

Best Regards,
Nik

There's some cool contrasting colors in this flower. Very nice.

I can't believe you just "discovered" this plant in bloom one day:poke::poke:

It's to big and beautiful to not get your attention from 50 feet.

The flash is washing out the colors. If your camera is depending on reflected light to determine how much flash to use, the dark background is causing it to overexpose.

Latest posts

Back