Paph. spicerianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
Here is another spice. It is about 1/2 the size of my 'St. Albans' but the side petals are straight with very little wrinkles.

front view

2004_0118spicerianum0008.jpg

side view

2004_0118spicerianum0009.jpg

Tom

It's very cool....are you sure it's pure spicerianum? It has very different characteristics from any that I've seen before. It's very cute! :)

I....are you sure it's pure spicerianum? It has very different characteristics from any that I've seen before...

I've got the same thoughts - it looks slightly weird for a true spicerianum e.g. shape of the dorsal, stance of the petals and dorsal ? :confused: But maybe this flower is just a bit misshaped and the next will be alright?

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

It has the colours of a spicerianum and the shape of another Paph...!!! Weird and interesting!!! Very beautiful, though!!!!

Whatever it is, It still looks very cute !! hopefully the next flower won't be squiff...

I think it is just opening that is why the petal are straight and the dorsal has not fluted back wards yet. Here is a picture of my Paph. spicerianum that has not yet fully opened (I wish it did already! :sob:) and after it opened fully one week after.

Ramon:)

Fully opened
1579664599_f6a3402481_b.jpg

Just opened
3053288440_491cb88917_b.jpg

Back