Paph sanderianum #3

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a compact plant!??
A very nice flowering I am interested because usually the plant are to big for the culture area which I have.

I'm not sure about compactness. Sandie #3 is probably 26 inches in LS but it's darker green then my other two BS plants and bigger. In the last PIC above you can see sanderianum #2 in bud to the far left. It is 22 inches NS and much lighter green. All plants are single fans.

are they showing signs of developing another growth or does that normally come after the blooming? I need to show these pictures to my seedlings so they'll grow up more quickly! :)

are they showing signs of developing another growth or does that normally come after the blooming? I need to show these pictures to my seedlings so they'll grow up more quickly! :)

The first showed new growth after most of the blooming period was over. Numbers 2 and 3 show no new growth yet.

Update

As of today:
p1040981d.jpg

A little stronger light (over exposed)
p1040976b.jpg

Full flower pic.
p1040980i.jpg

Not really an award winner in my opinion. The dorsal is too skinny and pinched badly at the top. Great color though.

Very nice Rick, not bad at all. The dorsal might be less pinched on subsequent bloomings, this plant was shipped in bud and definitely experienced disruption while in development. Your blooming could be considered a 'distressed blooming', I'd say it is safe to assume it will do nothing but get better. Your color is quite nice. Hope you use it to breed with. Perhaps put pollen on it from your "vinicolor" clone.

How long are the petals now?

Leo,
The petals bottomed out at 22 inches. Not bad for all that the plant went though, shipping, repotting and a new growing environment. I will try a cross onto my #2 sandie that's coming along but not close to opening.

Rick, if I had it I wouldn't complain about the pinched dorsal at all ! I was just lucky to flower an intensed colourated P. sanderianum.

Latest posts

Back