Paph. S. Gratrix times two

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Below are two plants from the same cross. The cross is (S. Gratrix 'Half-Album' x S. Gratrix 'Flat Half-Album'). Both of these are currently in bloom. The first one, if one was to hold the flower flat would have a fairly good size of 7.5 c.m. but I do believe that would be considered cheating. The natural spread of the flower is only 6.5 c.m. due to the fact that the petals have reflexed. This is a 2 growth plant with a leaf span of about 7 inches. The second growth is about the same size and has a sheath. There are also 2 starts. This is a first bloom seedling.

1030PaphSGratrix.jpg

The next plant is the exact same cross (S. Gratrix 'Half-Album' x S. Gratrix 'Flat Half-Album'). This plant has bloomed before but it's a first time bloomer for me. The previously bloomed growth has a leaf span of about 8 1/4 inches. The growth in flower has a leaf span of 6 1/2 inches. The natural spread on this flower is 6 c.m.

1032PapSGratrix.jpg

I almost forgot to mention that S. Gratrix is a primary hybrid between Paph bellatulum and godefroyae.

id assume your correct with that bob. Thanks for sharing. love to see this kind of variation out of the same cross. great plants. both are keepers but for me the album is great, regardless of the reflexed petals. maybe it will get better on future blooms!

:clap::clap:Both are lovely, but the album is fantastic-can't wait to see the second bloom. Wonder what is the percentage/chance of albums out of a half- album x half-album cross??

Wow, if the next bloom for the first will have the shape of that second one's flower :drool: !!! Jean
I'm with you Jean! I'm sure under Bob's care it will only get better!
NIIICE!!!
S.Gratrix is another nice cross, there can be some stunners IMO!

Latest posts

Back