Paph. roebellenii 'Mem. Willa Klett'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
This one is also originally from Orchid Inn and was left to me by a dear friend. The staminode lacks most of the green veining found in philippinense, so it may be the "true" roebellenii.

alb5.jpg

alb6.jpg

alb7.jpg

alb9.jpg

alb8.jpg

Jon
________
HARLEY-DAVIDSON CB

Last edited:
:drool: :smitten: :drool:

that close up of the staminode is getting me a little hot!

nice healthy lush growth and beautiful flowers!

very nice! I wonder if people can comment on the leaf structure of their phils vs roebells...heard there *may* be some difference as well...

I must have missed something somewhere. Is this a Paph philippinense var. roebellenii or are philippinense and roebellenii two seperate species? You lumpers and splitters give me a headache.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
PHRAG said:
I must have missed something somewhere. Is this a Paph philippinense var. roebellenii or are philippinense and roebellenii two seperate species? You lumpers and splitters give me a headache.

:confused:

I cannot even think about explaining this....the most difficult debate among the slippers except for the wilhelmineae complex, IMO. (and I know you like those too!) I surely could not answer.

We really could use a couple of well written sticky topics on these two - differences taxonomically etc....they are just so complex, for species!!

Latest posts

Back