Paph Prime Child

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A cross between primulinum and rothschildeanum, I was hesitant to acquire these for resale, figuring it might be years to get to blooming size. I was told by the breeder however, that a few had already bloomed, so I took the plunge.

This is my plant - in a 2.5" pot (held in a 4" Ecopot with Ecoweb for stability) - on its second bloom in 6 months.

Paph%20Prime%20Child%20plant.jpg

A closer shot of a blossom (not from a very good angle, I'm afraid).

Paph%20Prime%20Child.jpg

Looks like the flowers are quite nice.

Ray, the photos are a little over-exposed, probably because the meter is calculating the exposure based on the dark background, rather than the flower. Some cameras allow you to change the metering area. If yours does, you might try a different method to see if that helps.

One of my favourites!

...and don't worry I can't take pictures worth a darn so not only am I in awe of your flowers, but also your photos :)

Hi Ray,
I think I got one of these from you quite some time ago, it is growing well.
Who is the breeder?
Jim

Are you sure it's Prime Child? The pouch is awfully pink (not to mention the small size of the plant)
Of course I cannot be 100% certain, but the grower is pretty reliable.

Also, it was apparently prim x roths, which might lend it a bit more prim influence, AND, if I look at the photos in OrchidWiz, I see some having similar colors.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Prime Child.

Looks like a Prime Child to me. Here are pix of my Prime Child for comparison:

IMG_0006a.jpg

IMG_0071a.jpg

Best Regards,
Nik

hhmmm... interesting... very nice flowers (nicer than the Prime Childs I know), and very compact plant too (the ones I know - only 3 plants, I must admit - are quite large).

I think you have a good one there :)

P.S.- The ones I know are more like Nik's plant (sorry, just saw his pics after posting my comments)

Latest posts

Back