Paph phillipinense var roebellinii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Been a while since I have flowered this clone. I have a few large multi growth phillipinense and I am struggling to flower them. After five years, this one has flowered again.

roeb.jpg

roeb%202.jpg

roeb%203.jpg

Puh! Five years! That's a long time, but the flowers are lovely!

I wouldn't mind waiting 5 years for a show like that. Beautiful twisty petals, nice contrast of the pouch to the dorsal, what more could you ask for?

Bill

That's a nice one. I wish the one I paid $$$$$ on eBay would flower...................that's another story.

I got one off ebay from a QLD grower around 3 years ago. Only $60. The plant is up to 10 growths but I haven't been able to flower it.

In my experience philie is a show to maturing species. With that said, I also experience allot of set backs do to basal rot and pot culture. As I mentioned before, philippinense was one of the first Paphs I put in baskets, wood then net pots with zero rot issues over the past two years. They're all on the up swing and probably too early comment on their bloom cycle.
Although my laevigatum bloomed about a year into the basket, 2015? for the second time. It was blooming on a 2 growth plant at the time of purchase, March 1995

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

David, these blooms are awesome and are representing philie var. roebellini perfectly as well as these photos show them very well. As to the wait I've got used to wait few years of the next flower spike of multifloral Pahs, but I'm just an indoor grower.

Latest posts

Back