paph micranthum X hirsutissimum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that cross will probably never win any AOS awards, BUT, damnit, I LIKE IT! Sue me. Curious what the plant size and look is.

-Ernie

Well, that is the loveliest micranthum hybrid I have yet seen. The hideous bulbous pouch is almost completely gones, and look how it has more or less ironed out those hirsutissimum ruffled petals. Very nice.

Maybe cross it to an alba bellatulum to flatten out the shape? (I'm no expert so I offer this piece of useless advice in the hope that someone who knows more can chip in and put me in my place.)

Lovely flower.

This is the first time that I've seen this cross. Interesting. And it's just what one should expect! :clap:

Hi Ernei ,for the size, the plant with the flower gives about 25 cm, for the flower itself is the width of 10cm by 8 cm in height.
It is a first flowering it can grow a little

Yeah I agree with the others, this is an interesting cross. One I had never considered and although it's an interesting flower it may not win much!

Who cares though, it's a very lovely and interesting bloom. It's good to see what a cross like that will yield.

Latest posts

Back