Paph Maudiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
Here is another plant that I got in oct. last year from M. Paul! I do like the relatively large green white flower! now, is it Maudiae ( = callosum x lawrenceanum ) , or Maudiae like !? Jean

in Nov.:

2 days ago in a good morning sun:

the plant:

Need a "straight on" picture Jean after it matures more. At this point, I would say "Maudiae Like". I have a problem with the petals. The warts are too uniform in size and spacing and too many of them.

Need a "straight on" picture Jean after it matures more. At this point, I would say "Maudiae Like". I have a problem with the petals. The warts are too uniform in size and spacing and too many of them.
I agree with you Rick, the petals aren't curved enough and the distinct warts are (nearly) missing. Have a look at http://www.slipperorchids.info/paphprimaries/index.html#sigmatopetalum and you will see some typical P. Maudiae blooms. There has been so many breeding within this 'Maudiae like complex' that finding the exact cross is almost impossible.
Nevertheless a flower Jean to fall in love with. :drool:
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

now, is it Maudiae ( = callosum x lawrenceanum ) , or Maudiae like !? Jean

Very nice Paph. The green and white "Maudia-types" are always lookers!

Jean: Unfortunately with this type of breeding, if the plant loses it's tag, the BEST that you can ever do is call it "Maudiae-type". So many hybrids look similar that it is impossible to guarantee an accurate identification once the label has been lost. If this plant had no label, then, it will forever be a "Maudiae-type" noid.

Fantastic flower Jean!!! Cograts!!! As far as the name is concerned, I never forget my case...;)

Latest posts

Back