Paph (Mary Zdilla x Little by Little 'War Eagle' HCC/AOS)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy to see the henryanum influence in this complex mini. Mary Zdilla = exul x Tyke (henryanum x barbigerum) and Little by Little = Doll's Kobold (charlesworthii x henryanum) X Tyke (henryanum x barbigerum)

PaphMZdillaxLittlebyLittle7-10.jpg

PaphMZdillaxLittlebyLittle7-10pl.jpg

Here's a comparison photo with a recently posted barbigerum and henryanum

PaphGroupshot8-03-10.jpg

This is so cute. And I don't usually like complex hybrids -- but yours are exceptional. Maybe because they are not so round, and the colors are subtle and clear. Anyway, keep going!

This is so cute. And I don't usually like complex hybrids -- but yours are exceptional. Maybe because they are not so round, and the colors are subtle and clear. Anyway, keep going!

If the history of standard complex Paphs is any indicator, making mini complex Paphs from the "ground up" should take several more generations before they become ugly round flowers.:poke:

Lovely. I would have hoped that the charlesworthii and henryanum ancestors would have contributed more pink & red colors. Which parent(s) masked or suppressed the anthocyanin expression? Exul or barbigerum? Does helenae supress anthocyanin expression? I like the spots, but more color would be even more fun.

Lovely. I would have hoped that the charlesworthii and henryanum ancestors would have contributed more pink & red colors. Which parent(s) masked or suppressed the anthocyanin expression? Exul or barbigerum? Does helenae supress anthocyanin expression? I like the spots, but more color would be even more fun.

The Mary Zdilla parent definitely dominates, but this is only the first to bloom. I'm hoping for more variation, it being a complex cross.

Latest posts

Back