Paph malipoense x Fanaticum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jorch

I am calling it Paph "I Owe You".. I was going to bring this plant to a show (and judging), but I fell sick and was not able to make the trip. The flower is quite large, about 5 inches across and has a nice pale yellow green color to it.

There is another judging session in 2 weeks, if the flower stay fresh, do you think it will have a shot at getting an award?

DSC_0019Small.jpg

mm.. I was a bit surprised when it first opened too. The pouch is so "emersonii"! Now I wonder what it is..could it be a Paph Memoria Larry Heuer?

If the flower stays fresh, you have nothing to lose by taking it to judging. It is really pretty in colors and excellent in shape.

Who's the breeder? Contact them with a photo. The only person to tell you for sure what it is, is the hybridizer. It could also be an emersonii crossed to a hybrid. A lot of possibilities. It could still get a ribbon in a show etc. but wouldn't be eligible for an AOS award.

It looks like a straight Mem. Larry Heuer to me. The spots in the pouch, shape/color of the staminode, petal shape and color on the petals where they meet is a dead give away. Also, the dorsal stance screams Mem. LH.

Christian

There is definitely emersonii in there; probably as one of the parents. It does look like a Mem. Lary Heuer; but, it could be another similar hybrid. The only way to know for sure is to track down the hybridizer and find out what crosses he/she made at the same time as this one. Hopefully, there weren't 50 other emersonii crosses being made at the same time! If there was nothing else similar to Mem. LH and the hybridizer did make Mem. LH, then, you've got a Mem. LH.

Yep, it looks like the tags got mislabeled. It to me too looks like Mem Larry Heuer! But even if the tag is not correct, it is a nice flower!!

Robert

Latest posts

Back