Paph. Luecochilum var. "Big Bang"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister_T

Reaction score
ccc.jpg

start to bloom

aaa.jpg

after

Holy Cow!!!

Now, this, to me: does not look like a leucochilum any more. The pouch is too big, the flower way too round, and I would bet some money on the fact that this should be a 4N plant of some more complex Brachy-breeding.

PS: Looking at the first picture: Is it just me, or does the staminoid look like there's been a concolor involved?

Holy Cow!!!

Now, this, to me: does not look like a leucochilum any more. The pouch is too big, the flower way too round, and I would bet some money on the fact that this should be a 4N plant of some more complex Brachy-breeding.

PS: Looking at the first picture: Is it just me, or does the staminoid look like there's been a concolor involved?

In my opinion is pure leucochilum this one,i've seen way bigger and darker.The breeding of leucochilums in Thailand is many years ahead of every other species breeding worldwide.(brachys grow fast with thai climate).
Also staminode in gode/leucoch. is highly variable so no way to say...also crossing it with concolor will produce compleately different spotting and smaller flower usually.
I've seen some leucochilums of 12 cm +....

Latest posts

Back