Paph. Lippewunder 'Copper Canyon'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We'll have this hybrid available, in blooming size (some just showing sheaths) at the Chicagoland Orchid Festival this weekend in Chicago. Paph. Lippewunder has been line-bred in Europe, where it is one of the most popular complex Paphs. The yellow color is more vibrant than the photo would lead you to believe, and the brushed copper-bronze markings on the dorsal and petals create a pleasant contrast.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wish I could get out there to pick one up. I hope all who are able to get out there have a wonderful time and are able to find that which their heart desires.

Ah, they are coming from Europe, that explains why there are so many of them from one of our Canadian vendors.

BTW this cross blooms often, and worth owning! And the yellow is definitely nice

Oh my! Wish I were going to the festival and getting one of this beautiful slipper. Noticed it wasn't on your website,Tom.

Hi Diane,

I, too, wish you could come to visit this weekend! There are a couple of reasons why I haven't advertised the Paph. Lippewunders beyond this forum. First, there are only a dozen or so plants and I was afraid there might not be any left for the weekend if I put them on the website. Second, I try to give fellow ST'ers preference whenever we are able to offer plants that are not commonly available; especially if they are in short supply. Not sure how many ST'ers will be here this weekend, but please introduce yourselves if you stop by. It's going to be a blast!

Thanks,

Ohio-Guy,

The plants are all blooming size, and the avarage leaf span is around 20 inches. There are two plants with discernable sheaths, although my guess is they should all be blooming around Christmas. The price (in bud or not) is $ 55 at the greenhouse this weekend.

As Tom mentioned, this was a very popular hybrid at the Japan show and it's been seen around many of the European shows as well. It's just now starting to catch on in the U.S.

Chiao,

Hi Diane,

I, too, wish you could come to visit this weekend! There are a couple of reasons why I haven't advertised the Paph. Lippewunders beyond this forum. First, there are only a dozen or so plants and I was afraid there might not be any left for the weekend if I put them on the website. Second, I try to give fellow ST'ers preference whenever we are able to offer plants that are not commonly available; especially if they are in short supply. Not sure how many ST'ers will be here this weekend, but please introduce yourselves if you stop by. It's going to be a blast!

Thanks,

Thanks Tom! It sounds like it will be a great orchid festival!!

Latest posts

Back