Paph leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

So happy it finally opened! It's my favourite brachy and I've been waiting or it for months. I think I noticed the sheath some time back in August, possibly even July

This is the first time flowering for a plant I got from Sam Tsui earlier this year (May?). The cross is 'Jeanie' AM/AOS x 'Red Sunset'. I'm quite pleased with it but then I've never met a leucochilum that I didn't like, I'm a sucker for their pure white pouches.

Paphleucochilum.jpg

Oh Lord! I love it! This is going to go to the top of my wish list! The white pouch is too cool! :clap:

WOW!!! Nice show!!!! I like the green dot on the staminode...!! Lovely spot pattern too!

Your right that is one great looking flower, and yes that white pouch is awesome. Thanks Jim.

Paph

Yes - it looks great - but is this a real example of cross breeding taking a pause for a good cause - you cannot duplicate a same result -john

Thanks everyone!

Yup, it has a green staminode. I remember a discussion about the stami colour a few months ago but I don't recall what the consensus was in the end. I had a quick flick though Cribb's book and he doesn't mention the colour but the pictures feature godefroyae with green staminode so I'm guessing that's what they are meant to be?

Well done. Now you need to get more!

That's exactly what I was thinking :eek: I've no space at the moment but I would definitely grow more of these. I'd love some from Frank Smith one day. Oh and maybe an album too.

And yes, I thought it was about time for an avatar change :D Hopefully Lady Isabel won't mind.

Back