Paph leaves with browning centre

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeC

Reaction score
I have this on a couple of my paphs, most notably P. HOUGHTONIAE, I have just noticed it on the older leaves of a new growth on my P.Rothschildianum x Lowii. It doesn't seem to do the plants any harm, just curious if anyone knows what it is and any tips to prevent it.

Attachments

• 20240105_132204.jpg
    20240105_132204.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
looks like an injury.
any more photos of the others?
Hello, this is a picture of the houghtoniae and another from Julius.

Attachments

• 20240105_203320.jpg
    20240105_203320.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240105_203309.jpg
    20240105_203309.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
A long time ago, I recall a discussion about this somewhere online (but not necessarily on this forum) where I believe the consensus was either low humidity or inconsistent humidity being a probable cause. I will be curious to see what folks say this time around.

Having said that, have the affected plants been subjected to low humidity or had periods of time when there were dramatic shifts in humidity?

And then there's the usual suspect, water. Do you keep water off the leaves? If water is getting on the leaves, is the water you're using particularly cold (or hot)?

A long time ago, I recall a discussion about this somewhere online (but not necessarily on this forum) where I believe the consensus was either low humidity or inconsistent humidity being a probable cause. I will be curious to see what folks say this time around.

Having said that, have the affected plants been subjected to low humidity or had periods of time when there were dramatic shifts in humidity?

And then there's the usual suspect, water. Do you keep water off the leaves? If water is getting on the leaves, is the water you're using particularly cold (or hot)?
These plants are growing in one of my spare rooms, the humidity isn't very high, especially now with the central heating being on. No water on the leaves, as they are watered individually at the pot. The only affected plant so far this year is the Julius. The image of the houghtoniae was from an old growth, the most recent houghtoniae growth which looks like spiking is unaffected. This group I have together also has phillipinense, MK, booths sandy lady, kolosand, roths, bel Royal, PEOY, all of which seem unaffected.

Latest posts

Back