Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I like the soft yellow on this hybrid between Conco-bellatulum & leuchochilum:

Paph_JamesBacon.jpg

G

gore42

Gorgeous! What a bloom :) Beautiful photo, too! If you have some time, I'd love to hear about your lighting setup, too :)

- Matt

C

couscous74

Gorgeous flower!

Heather, brachys are so small you could probably grow a specimen of each of the common brachy species in the footprint of one of your large multis... :poke:

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
I have a (James Bacon x concolor) in bud right now, it will be a 1st bloom seedling, been waiting years to see this. Hoping for clear soft yellow with spots. Your plant gives me hope.
Leo

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
gore42 said:
Gorgeous! What a bloom :) Beautiful photo, too! If you have some time, I'd love to hear about your lighting setup, too :)

- Matt
Thanks, Matt. My lighting setup is very simple: I have a sunroom with most of the windows facing S-SW. In the middle of the room, I have a small table and two chairs. On the chair farthest from the window I place a large piece of cardboard covered with black velvet. I place the flower to be photographed on the table so that it's background is black, and my camera on a tripod so that my back is to the main windows. All the windows make the light quite diffuse (sometimes a little too flat, in fact) -- if the sun is shining, I wait until the angle is such that it's not directly on the flower. I use a reflector card to bounce light up into the flower if needed. That's about it.

I need to add that I taught Photoshop for a number of years, so the photo always gets some treatment there. I use the RAW file format on my camera, so all the data is in the file and just needs some fine-tuning.

Latest posts