Paph. Jade Dragon....bud has stalled?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NeoNJ

I have had a Paph. Jade Dragon for a month - it arrived in bud/spike.
The spike elongated, the bud has done nothing. I have really never seen
this happen with a Paph.

Has anyone had experience with this Paph ? or seen this type of behavior
in a budded plant ?

Many possibilities: the shock of a new home, different level of light, lack of humidity, not enough watering, bugs hiding in the developping flower bud or sheath sucking it's life, as it just happened to one of my phrags. The flower spike or bud could have been damaged in transport. Check it all out and if you see nothing wrong, there is still hope for a flower. :)

....Has anyone had experience with this Paph ? or seen this type of behavior in a budded plant ?
Yes & yes. Shiva & paphreek covered the bases & unfortunately you'll probably not know what was the culprit.
Just lost one of 2 buds on a first time blooming roth.:sob: and it's been sitting in my GH! Part of growing orchids.:(

Yes. Yes and Yes. Yes, Yes, and Yes .... LOL, I love the new Lingo here !!!

Hmmmmm. I'm so glad I learned alot here today. No books ever mention the "Little things" like .... malipoense buds take a long time to develop!
How is it the books never seem to let the reader know about all these
really important things ........ !

Yes. Yes and Yes. Yes, Yes, and Yes .... LOL, I love the new Lingo here !!!

Hmmmmm. I'm so glad I learned alot here today. No books ever mention the "Little things" like .... malipoense buds take a long time to develop!
How is it the books never seem to let the reader know about all these
really important things ........ !

Yeah, malipoense, the species, takes many months from spike initiation until flower. Unfortunately, means more time for something to go wrong and blast the bud(s). Similar story with armeniacum and micranthum, but not as long.

Latest posts

Back