Paph. jackii/ malipoense ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Axel
Here is a picture I took of a friend's plant that is the true malipoense var jackii. note the staminode markings are lines. Foliage pattern is the checkerboard marks rather than the brocade pattern in malipoense var malipoense. Fragrance is a little different also.

jackii448.jpg

Leo , you have 448 jackies?
I am so impressed...:drool: that must be a sight when they flower.

Hien

That '448' is just an inventory number from that overall collection, besides in my caption I said it was a 'friend's' jackii, I did not say I owned it. ;)

I won't confirm or deny whether I own any at all. :evil:

I will say, I have only seen 3 jackii live and in person bloom in the last 5 years.

Even a dozen jackii in bloom at once would be a sight indeed.

Leo

Hien

That '448' is just an inventory number from that overall collection, besides in my caption I said it was a 'friend's' jackii, I did not say I owned it. ;)

I won't confirm or deny whether I own any at all. :evil:

I will say, I have only seen 3 jackii live and in person bloom in the last 5 years.

Even a dozen jackii in bloom at once would be a sight indeed.

Leo

Quite a few years ago, I bought a few jackii alba at the GNYOS (honest truth, I did not even know what they are , other than they are orchids, at the time I still at the level of phalaenopsis, dendrobiums, Oncidiums... no slipper yet) this past summer they decide to put on buds, then those damned spider mites killed the buds, and whole growths instanly. I was dreaming about making seed pods to share with everybody, oh well. Now , I just hope I could nurture them back.

I feel your pain, I hate it when a bud blasts and you know it will be years before the plant decides to bloom again. I did have the good fortune to see Fox Valley's jackii albums. Wish I owned some, but I truely don't. Pretty plants indeed.

Leo

Hey Axel
Here is a picture I took of a friend's plant that is the true malipoense var jackii. note the staminode markings are lines. Foliage pattern is the checkerboard marks rather than the brocade pattern in malipoense var malipoense. Fragrance is a little different also.

jackii448.jpg

Thanks Leo ; indeed, it's a typical and very nice jackii :drool:, and it is quite different from my plant (which is definitely a malipoense).
So I'm now looking for a true jackii...:poke:

Thanks Leo ; indeed, it's a typical and very nice jackii :drool:, and it is quite different from my plant (which is definitely a malipoense).
So I'm now looking for a true jackii...:poke:

Hello Axel,
you can buy jackii var. album in Europe more favorably, if you liked it

Yes, Hakone, I'm also interested in var. album :drool:
But I have no idea where to find one - Popow ?

Latest posts

Back