Paph. In-Charm Handel (delanatii x hangianum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Damas

I was expecting a more rounded flower (first time blooming) :sob:
The good news is it's fragrant :D

2642100665_1ff45b7ea3_o.jpg

Beautiful, nice too know it's fragrant. Thanx for posting.
As warned, mine [from Norman's] had a hidden infestation of mealies! Hopefully I killed them all before they caused too much damage.

The plant was in a non-accessible spot and When I finally got around to inspecting it I found them hidden in the inside of the newest growth! I missed them in the initial quarantining.:mad:
BTW, it's not that the cross is prone to mealies but I was warned about the source! :viking:

Beautiful, nice too know it's fragrant. Thanx for posting.
As warned, mine [from Norman's] had a hidden infestation of mealies! Hopefully I killed them all before they caused too much damage.

So hangianum crosses are available in the states... :poke: :p

That's the only one I found on the internet! :ninja:

I also bought from them a Paph. Shun Fa Golden (malipoense x hangianum) on their internet store which I was very disappointed since it was already bloomed. I also have to treat it for mealys.:mad:

Ramon:)

BTW, it's not that the cross is prone to mealies but I was warned about the source!

Yeah, I have noticed that too. Once you know, you know, but always a bad surprise :mad:

NYEric, Jean-Lux, Corbin, thank you :)
Petals look like cotton and fragrance is like sweet almonds.

How big was the delanatii x hangianum? I have heard that this cross can produce huge flowers...also, as far as I know, internet or not, these crosses are still not legal here in the US. I suspect that eventually, they will become commonplace...and ignored...yet always remain illegal. Its not worth the cost to USFW to investigate and prosecute sales of obviously propagated plants to small numbers of hobbyists, and its also not worth the cost in $$ and time to the USFW to try to change the laws. Take care, Eric

I also bought from them a Paph. Shun Fa Golden (malipoense x hangianum) on their internet store which I was very disappointed since it was already bloomed. I also have to treat it for mealys.:mad:

Ramon:)

Well, you guys are not the only ones who have mealies bonus from the sellers.
Today, I count the damage, so far from the Trojan horse. 1/3 of my collection perished (down to 415 from around 600, include all seedlings)
Most are the best & costliest besseaes & besseae hybrids as well as the hard to find paphs & paph hybrids :sob:. strangely enough, Only 3 phals & 1 dendrobium are among the casualties.

Last edited:
How big was the delanatii x hangianum?

Flower is 10cm large (almost 4 inches) and plant itself is 6 leafs, and 28cm (11 inches) from the tip of a leaf to the other. So it is still kind of compact. But it's true that makes a big flower.

SlipperFan, Yoyo_Jo, thank you !

Hien, terrible experience ! :mad:

Damas, Merit is an insecticide - hopefully capable of killing mealies b4 the casualties get so high... mealies and things make me a little afraid of the day I have a greenhouse full of plants that aren't as easy to thoroughly check all the time!

Miss Paph, it's actually much easier to treat for pests in a g.h. setting, so don't worry about that. I had more bugs when I grew primarily indoors than in a g.h. Why? Because it's not as easy to spray for them and I didn't want to use anything too toxic inside. But, when it gets really bad, it's time to break out the big guns. Although I'd still recommend moving them outside to spray them down. I haven't seen a mealie in my g.h. in probably close to a year ;>

Latest posts

Back