Paph. hybrid ID help.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
I just bought this cute Little hybrid, sadly without a name.
The henryanum part is clear, but what else?
It looks a lot like my Wössner Mini Stars, but the spotting is much stronger on this one.
Any ideas?

49167442248_154138f1fd_c.jpg

Here's a Wössner Mini Star

48272563316_d9f30d37dd_c.jpg

A tricky question...taking the shape of the petals into consideration, it's clearly not plain x vietenryanum (henryanum x gratrixianum)...hmmm, I wonder, whether we have entered the nebulous territory of complex hybridization...could it somehow be the product of crossing Wössner Mini Star with gratrixianum...or something along that line?

Doll's Kobold has crossed my mind too, but it apparently completely lacks the pinkish hue in the dorsal that seems to be present in all the pictures i've seen.

Sorry I was looking at the picture Tyrone posted. P.K.’s photo is a tough one. I’ve seen straight henryanum with the same type of dorsal including color and spots. The pouch is more of a charlesworthii pouch... thinner at the bottom. The petal attachment is more like charlesworthii also. I have a few New Vietenryanum (henryanum x gratrixianum) but the color is way different. I guess gratrixianum could be in the background though.90BA46E3-7C8A-47EF-870F-145E3CE0CDED.jpeg 02968C0D-7A34-41A9-B543-756CE0D113D3.jpeg

Latest posts

Back