Paph Hsinying Franz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Taking forever to open

PaphHsinyingFranz2.jpg

PaphHsinyingFranz1.jpg

Paph Hsinying Franz = roth x Stoned Susan

Stoned Susan = Susan Booth x stonei

Susan Booth = roth x granduliferum

Very beautiful... Patience is a virtue and always rewarding in the end!!!!:D

Thanks guys!

You can see the praestans/glanduliferum influence in this cross!

Which part? Is it the twisting petals and frilly dorsal? Seeing different species influences is something I'm keen to learn. The staminode looks very much like that of a roth to me.

P.S. patience? What's that? :wink:

Thanks guys!

Which part? Is it the twisting petals and frilly dorsal? Seeing different species influences is something I'm keen to learn. The staminode looks very much like that of a roth to me.

P.S. patience? What's that? :wink:

The dorsal has prastans all over it and the elongated pouch as well:)

Rick H

The dorsal has prastans all over it and the elongated pouch as well:)

Rick H

Cool, thanks!

And thanks everyone else too.

I must admit, it's not quite what I was hoping for. I saw a couple of pics of this cross and the flowers were a lot more cream & red which I liked a lot. Mine's all...earthy :D Oh well, you can never tell what you'll get with these things.

Cool, thanks!

And thanks everyone else too.

I must admit, it's not quite what I was hoping for. I saw a couple of pics of this cross and the flowers were a lot more cream & red which I liked a lot. Mine's all...earthy :D Oh well, you can never tell what you'll get with these things.

You box that baby up right now and send it express mail to me;) I'll be sure you get "something" creamy, red and green all over!:D

Rick H

....it's not quite what I was hoping for. I saw a couple of pics of this cross and the flowers were a lot more cream & red which I liked a lot. Mine's all...earthy :D .....

If you want to get a specific clone or colouration the only thing you can do - buy it when it's flowering or buy divisions of a clone but in both cases these plants are much more expensive than others. When you buy plants propagated by seeds as young plants or plants not in flower you've got always keep in mind the diversity of a cross caused by the laws of inheritance.
But if I was you I would be pleased with this plant and its flowers.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Latest posts

Back