Paph Ho Chi Minh (delenatii x vietnamense)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

This is my blooming of this plant this year here on Long Island.Pic #2 is when I bought it in bud when grown in Fla. last year.I think the colours are more vibrant this year
Paphhochiminh7-08.jpg

This year's is great, Jane!

I agree.
How is it possible that they vary so much? Could it perhaps be due to the difference in time after the flower had been open when the picture was taken?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very beautiful flower!

I think it is warmer in FL than in LI??? Cooler temps sometimes generate more vibrant colours.
But then, I thought high light leads to more intensely coloured flowers as well. Since I assume there's a bit more sunshine in FL, how does that count into the equation?
Very nice example of the effect of different climatic conditions on colour, anyway.

Cheers, Carsten

:DPretty!
My 2 cents worth - it's the temps, this plant should not require higher light intensities.

My bessea did the same but in reverse. In a greenhouse the colors where intense in the flower. then it re flowered but under floros inside and the color was more washed out. Now it is in a south facing window in Memphis. Will have to see how the colors look there.
Dave

Anyway good looking flower and nice color on this years bloom.

Back