Paph Herbert Barnhart

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Aug of 97' this clone 'Rebakah' was awarded an HCC, enjoy.
P1000608.jpg

and closeups,
P1000610.jpg

P1000614.jpg

This particular clone has growth issues. I've had this plant going on 12 years now and have only been able to get one divison from it. Which went back to the original owner and I don't know if it survived. Typically it only gets to three growths, one old, one NBS/BS and a new start. By the time the blooming size growth blooms the old is yellowed and dead. Has anyone had this same experience with a plant? If so, where you able to kick start it to put out more then one lead?

Rick, you mean that the plant grows so that as one new growth emerges, the old one dies back and the size of the plant stays relatively constant? I have that problem with brachys. they just refuse to clump under my conditions, but I think the problem may be genetic. I guess some plants are just more robust than others.. :)

Rick, you mean that the plant grows so that as one new growth emerges, the old one dies back and the size of the plant stays relatively constant? I have that problem with brachys. they just refuse to clump under my conditions, but I think the problem may be genetic. I guess some plants are just more robust than others.. :)
Yes, that is what happens. BUT it may not all be geneticly controlled. This is the same plant that I talked about, maybe a yr ago, when the discusion was on light source. The previous owner grew this plant under fluorscent lights in her garage. She had as many as 9 flowers(maybe more) with 3-4 open at once. The best I have done is 5 total count with 3 open at once. So growing conditions can influence the plant's preformance

Latest posts

Back