Paph. Gemstone's Randschild 'Fox Valley' Hcc/Aos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

Paphiopedilum Gemstone's Randschild is a primary hybrid of....yes, you guessed it...Paph. randsii x Paph. rothschildianum, registered by Gemstone Orchids in 1993. I bought this awarded clone from Fox Valley in 1997. Its been struggling for me the past four years and its done better since I started growing it in full sun. This flowering is just so-so, but I love the pin stripes and no spotting. It should produce up to seven of the five-inch flowers and this stem even aborted one bud. Hopefully it will fully recover by next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
When looking at pictures like this how can you not like these flowers? Well done!

Nice primary Ed. When you say full sun, do you mean all day or part of a the day? If part, which part?

Rick H

.... This flowering is just so-so. It should produce up to seven of the five-inch flowers and this stem even aborted one bud.....
Don't play things down Ed it's a great cross and according to its name the flowers are real gems even if there are just two of them. :drool:

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Nice primary Ed. When you say full sun, do you mean all day or part of a the day? If part, which part?

Rick H

Full sun all day, combined with cool temps...its in front of the evaporative wet-pad so the temp never gets above 80F. This is how I grow philippinense, parishii, rothschildianum, and sanderianum too, along with most of my Phrags.

Latest posts

Back