Paph. gardineri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billc

Reaction score
This is the first time blooming on this plant. Once the plant matures how many blooms does a gardineri generally get?

Bill

Attachments

• gardinerii.jpg
    gardinerii.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 57
  • gardinerii3.jpg
    gardinerii3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 97
This is the first time blooming on this plant. Once the plant matures how many blooms does a gardineri generally get?

Bill

Can't give you an answer to your question, but I'm curious about the pot size. It looks to be about 4"? If that's so, it gives me hope that mine is large enough to bloom. Nice job!

Can't give you an answer to your question, but I'm curious about the pot size. It looks to be about 4"? If that's so, it gives me hope that mine is large enough to bloom. Nice job![/QUOTE]

It's in a 2" aircone. When I got it the spring there was 1 fan with a small start and now there's 3 starts along with the blooming fan.

Bill

synonyme of whileminiae I think, isn't it?

Of course it depends on whose taxonomy you follow. Paphs glanduliferum, praestans, wilhelminae and gardineri have been lumped and split in many different configurations. Currently Kew accepts P. wilhelminae and glanduliferum as valid species, with gardineri and praestans both synonyms of glanduliferum.

Latest posts

Back