Paph Fumi's Delight

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Nice Fumi's Delight, with a few 'teeth' on the petal edges. Smallish at 7.5 cm horizontal natural spread, 9.2 cm for the vertical natural spread. This plant took 3 years to come into bloom from its previous blooming. Flower is a littel bigger this time over 2008. The color of the flower was the same between the 2011 and the 2008 photos, the differences are the camera, the white balance and the photographer. True color is closer with the 2011 photo.

FumisDelight766-April2011a.jpg

same plant, 2008 blooming
FumisDelight766a.jpg

Wow, they are high quality flowers. I think this hybrid is consistently good but the colour on yours leave mine for dead.

Thanks for sharing.

Jean, it is easier to bloom than the parent species.

Abosuletly gorgeous Leo!
The color stands alone! And the 'teeth' are awesome.
BTW the Phrag. Lucy Robbins I got from you at our MOS meeting in Feb.
is still in flower! Love it!!! What do you think about adding a top dressing of bone meal (a sprinkle of coarse)? The Phrags will be summering outdoors this season at our local SPA appropriately named 'Heat & Humidity'. Thanks
Jim
:clap: :clap:
:drool:

That is very pretty! I don't like the long bloom cycles that parvi's tend to have. A few of mine look pretty healthy but still can take up to three years or more between blooms.

e-spice

Nice bloom. I lost mine many years ago. But 2 years ago I had another go and bought 2 flasks from Taiwan, They are now (the hero) are just over 5.5" leaf span, the runts are strugling. The leaves are narrow. I just wonder if you can show me the whole plant. I guess I still have to wait another 3 years???

Abosuletly gorgeous Leo!
The color stands alone! And the 'teeth' are awesome.
BTW the Phrag. Lucy Robbins I got from you at our MOS meeting in Feb.
is still in flower! Love it!!! What do you think about adding a top dressing of bone meal (a sprinkle of coarse)? The Phrags will be summering outdoors this season at our local SPA appropriately named 'Heat & Humidity'. Thanks
Jim
:clap: :clap:
:drool:

Thanks Jim,
I think a sprinkle of bone meal is okay, maybe even helpful. I don't use bone meal, mostly because I use MSU fertilizer, and am comfortable that it is 'covering all needs' as far as nutrition goes. If bone meal has worked well on your other orchids, in your conditions, I would say sprinkle away. :rollhappy: Phrags, especially the large longifolium & caudatum/wallisii type hybrids are pretty tough, so I think it will be fine.

While outside for the summer, keep them out of direct sun when temps are above 95 F. Also, use a cache pot (larger empty pot), set the Phrag in there, the cache pot will keep the sun off the pot the Phrag is potted in, so the root temps don't soar on a hot sunny day. If it is 95F, and the sun hits a plastic pot, the roots could get cooked as the sun heats the plastic. I use terra cotta pots as cache pots. Leave the space between the inner and outer pots empty - for air circulation. If you set the terra cotta pot on a tray with a little water in it, the terra cotta will wick the water and evaporation will keep the roots even cooler. Bring them in when nightime lows get down into the upper 40's F.

The many flowers on an inflorescence is the reason I include Phrags on my list of "Ever Blooming Orchids". I'm glad Lucy Robbins is performing well for you.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back