Paph Fanaticum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
A nice Paph .Fanaticum .... Well I like it hehe ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 130
Oh, that's really something! I'd be thrilled to get my hands on something like that!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Thanks . This one is from Sunlight Nursery in Taiwan . I have now seen 3 flower from this batch ( other 2 sadly not mine :( ) and of the 3 , mine is the least impressive .. I believe one of the others got AM earlier this year . I'll be definitely investing in more if I ever see them available again . ( I bought 2 and sold one of them ... So kicking myself right about now lol ) .

This is one of the parvi hybrids that everyone should have. Very few bloom out to be throw aways. Its a sure bet you will get a nice flower as is yours.

Rarest of all paphs ..... A bad fanaticum ...

I think in that case I got the rarest of all paphs ...a throw away fanaticum .. It's the only other one I have .its from a different nursery and I was so excited after this first one , you can imagine my horror when it opened ... And yes this is it fully open ...:confused:
Ryan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 29
Is fanaticum definitely an intermediate/cool grower? I'd love to have one
or two, but I run a warm greenhouse and the parentage on this one
spooks me a bit. My low winter temp. is 60F.

I bought a flask from Hung Sheng breeding, I hope they bloom like yours (the first one that is, my luck they will bloom closer to your 'throw-away'!)

Is fanaticum definitely an intermediate/cool grower? I'd love to have one
or two, but I run a warm greenhouse and the parentage on this one
spooks me a bit. My low winter temp. is 60F.

That is enough to flower both species from what I have read.
There is a member on this forum in Canada who flowers all sorts of parvi species with minimum temperature above 68.

Then, again, individual plants might also differ in their requirements.

Go get some and find out yourself! :)

I think in that case I got the rarest of all paphs ...a throw away fanaticum .. It's the only other one I have .its from a different nursery and I was so excited after this first one , you can imagine my horror when it opened ... And yes this is it fully open ...:confused:
Ryan

Give it one more chance.
I'm not one who says "it'll improve on the next bloom" because I personally rarely seen that happen, but you just never know! :wink:

I also like the coloration.

My favorite fanaticum color combo is green petals with white pouch.

Your first photo is just about my kind of flower form. Very tight and balanced overall. I don't like it much when the pouch really sags. :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back