Paph Fanaticum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
This is my favorite Fanaticum, though you can't tell why by the photos below. I bought it this spring (March I think), in flower, and the spike was bent really bad at that time, so I cut it off and put it in a vase. That flower was HUGE, and I loved the color and form. I'll attach a photo of it (after the two current ones).

The flower on it today is cupped and has a dent in the pouch. It could be from the horribly dry air in my house right now, or it could be because the growth it's on is too small. I'm hoping it will open a bit more at least, but I'm losing hope. Anyway, I'm going to give it the best care possible over the next season and try again for a flower as good as the first one - it's got a new start.

Btw, this is an Orchid Inn cross (malipoense 'Green Horizon' x micranthum 'Joe's Red'). The cross has an AQ, 5 AMs and an HCC from the AOS.

The current flower:

And the original flower:

Don't give up on it..if the first flower was that good, then something caused the second blooming to be a bit less attractive. I am sure someone would love it anyways next blooming if it doesn't appeal to you. I am in line behind NYEric...:wink:

You still deserve congrats. I'm sure you will bloom it wonderfully again. I can't grow these in my grow room so I admire you for blooming it!

Latest posts

Back