Paph concolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Flowering again. This is the same plant that flowered last autumn

Not a fancy selectively bred plant but I must admit that I quite like the wild look

Paphconcolorspring09a.jpg

wow, there is quite a difference between the 2 blooms!!! Is it much larger this time? the shape is pretty good!! Jean

Thanks guys!

It developed the bud shortly after being re-potted last time, this time it's not as cuppy or droopy. I think it's larger but I didn't measure the flower last time so it's hard to tell exactly.

Thanks guys!

The judging comments surprised me because whilst I like it I really didn't think it was anything that special.

Not yet but I suspect that it would if I could only find it a brighter spot. It always carries two buds, it's just the second one never develops fully.

Any plant that is a free and easy bloomer in your home conditions should be cherished. A nice typical concolor. I too am surprised at the comments about it being award quality, but with judging you never know. Every blossom has its perfect moment, if you can get it in front of judges at that moment, and they have the time & inclination to look, you might get lucky.

Thanks again, folk!

Any plant that is a free and easy bloomer in your home conditions should be cherished.

That's my thinking too. I've such a low tech set up that as long as a plant flowers and isn't too wonky then I'm happy enough :D

A couple of people mentioned dead concolors, what were the causes? I really like Brachys and they've been doing well for me so far but their reputation for being easy to kill is a little worrying.

Back